Friday, July 06, 2012

Books I'm Excited About (1)

While books weren't my first love (that honour goes to art!), they are certainly a close second. Books and reading occupy quite a large portion of my mind on a regular basis, yet for some reason I've only recently thought about writing down my many thoughts about them. So this is the start of my book blog.

I thought I'd begin by listing some books that I've been dying to read but for whatever reason have not gotten to yet (usually it's because the library doesn't have it or my hold hasn't come in), and hopefully this will become a regular thing.


Books I'm Excited About
The Selection by Kiera Cass. This is a book that I've had my eye on long before its release date. It was apparently pitched as The Hunger Games meets The Bachelor (tv show), which piqued my interest right away (along with a good deal of uncontrollable laughter, of course!). It is a YA dystopian novel about a girl who is entered in a Bachelor-style competition to win a prince's heart. It sounds hilariously bad so how could I resist?! Of course, there was the whole fiasco with the author and her agent behaving really unprofessionally towards a reviewer of the book, and while I don't think such behaviour is acceptable in any way, I still want to read this book for the premise.

Night's Master by Tanith Lee. This is the first book of the Flat Earth series, which is a series a books in the vein of One Thousand and One Nights. Tanith Lee is known for her dark fantasy and science fiction, which are genres that I absolutely adore. I've always wanted to read her books so this seems like a good place to start. Plus, I really like seeing old fantasy and sci-fi illustrated book covers. This one is really lovely! Unfortunately, I can't find this one at my public library so I will have to find some other way to get my hands on it.

Pawnee: The Greatest Town In America by Leslie Knope. This is actually a book tie-in for the tv show Parks and Recreation, which I'm a fan of. Leslie Knope is the main character, played by Amy Poehler (who is awesome!), and on the show she wrote a book about the town she lives in, and this is it. I hope it's as funny as the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment